[TowerTalk] TV Towers - OK for small VHF antenna(e)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TV Towers - OK for small VHF antenna(e)
From: Vernon Erle Ikeda <> (Vernon Erle Ikeda)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 18:38:39 -0500 (EST)
   I was teaching the basic amateur course earlier
today and one of the topics was selecting your first
tower - for those starting off in vhf.  I said that
a tv tower is not enough tower for a ten or thirteen
element array and went on to say that a HAM-type
tower (Rohn or US Tower) is a must.  Am I all wet or
is a tv tower inadequate even for a small antenna
like the Cushcraft Ringo Ranger series of antennae?

  -- Vernon Erle Ikeda        || VE2MBS  || Pierrefonds, QC            || Grid Square FN35