[TowerTalk] Tower base maintenance

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower base maintenance
From: (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 11:43:34 -0400 (EDT)
More:  I used roofing tar --not thinned-- to coat the base bolts I
recently put into concrete, but had to be absent during previous pours, so
missed out.  The HammerRite is exactly as stated below, hard finish that
chips, but that is not a problem on the base AND it bonds with rust unlike
cold galv. spray or brush paint.  BTW, cold galv. paint wears badly
exposed to the elements --I got two years befor new rust-- so put on the
cold galv. and then top it with and epoxy paint or something with color in
it at least.