[TowerTalk] Rain static and grounding

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rain static and grounding
From: (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 10:17:22 EDT
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:21:09 +0000 "Barry Kutner" <> writes:
>Hi all - Lately, I've noticed the static produced by rain seems to be
>a lot louder than in the past. The only change I've made to my system
>was improve the tower grounding (from 3 ground rods with clamps to 9
>ground rods Cadwelded). Could this be the cause? Any other ideas?
>El nino? :.)
>73 Barry

K1VR:  Funny you should mention this.  I was thinking the same thing. The
past three days static to the West (H40AA and AB hunting) has been
fiercer than I remember.  I think it is just that there's usually a storm
to the south and I'm looking at EU, but the map has been lotsa rain for
2000 miles to the West lately, and I'm looking West.

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]