[TowerTalk] screw anchors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] screw anchors
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 11:06:29 -0600
On Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:04:15 Jerry Flanders <> writes:
>How do you install these screw anchors? Can you do it with a pipe/bar
>by hand?
>Jerry  W4UK

Yes, a 3 or 4 ft piece of heavy pipe can be used to turn a screw anchor
into the ground.  Needless to say, it goes a LOT easier if the ground
is wet or moist.  You will get dizzy going in circles by yourself.   Best
pass the bar between two (or even three) people kneeled around the

de  Tom  N4KG

>At 10:51 PM 4/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>I use screw anchors on all 7 of my towers.  For the tall ones, I use
>>TWO anchors for each leg, the first anchor is spaced 60 ft and takes
>>the guys at 30 and 60 ft.  The outer anchor takes the upper guys.
>>I like the additional safety factor  in redundancy.
>>de  Tom  N4KG

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]