[TowerTalk] Tower and Array

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower and Array
From: (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 14:17:14 -0500

>With regard to the "unknown" mast thickness, it's a relative
>trick to drill a very small hole
>(about 7/16 is right ) through one wall of the mast, and then
fashion a
>small "L" shaped hook.
>Put the short part of the "L" through the hold, bring the long
>horizontal, and then put a little
>dab of magic marker flush with the mast.
>Remove the hook, and measure the distance.
Neat trick, Ed.

I think I can do something similar without drilling a hole.

Bend a wire.  Hook it under the bottom end of the mast in the
rotor.  Pull it taut.  Bend it against the outside wall.
Withdraw it.  The distance between bends should be the wall
thickness, shouldn't it?

Thanks for the clue, though.  I'll try it at the top when we get
up there with the bucket to take down the A3S.

dale, kg5u