[TowerTalk] Re: Without Benefit of Concrete

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Without Benefit of Concrete
From: (N3GPU)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 18:20:45 -0400
Sizeable towers with no concrete base must be a lot more common than I
thought.  I've gotten several direct responses on this. Since they didn't
go to the reflector I'll only quote anonymous snippets...

Mine has been standing for 20 years and suffered ZERO tower damage when a
small tornado knocked over 30-some trees in my woods...
Guilty...7 towers ranging from 40 to 140 ft with no concrete...
********** here is sitting on a roof mount plate on top of the ground...guyed
with 3 screw anchors...5 element tribander on it...
Seems like a pretty "normal" tower installation around ______ County...have
been involved in dismantling two such setups here!
A supposedly "professional" tower/antenna installer recently took down a
friend's tower and re-installed it at a new QTH.  40', no has a 2M vertical,
tri-bander, 440 beam and inverted V on and his helper put that
mass of antennas on it. Bracket at about 17' with about 21-23' still in the
air...Scary isn't it?

It sure is!  73 - Paul N3GPU