[TowerTalk] Rohn 25, tower height, rotor selection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25, tower height, rotor selection
From: kn4ab@home.com (George M. Roberts)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 21:45:22 -0400
I have decided to install 40 or 50 ft of Rohn in the middle of the
yard with the appropriate concrete base and guys. I was going to
house bracket it, however it just doesnt work out with guy placement
etc.
I have a 3 element HY-Gain duo-band 15/10 mtrs, beam with about 4.5 sq
ft windload.  What would be the best rotor for this beam? I would like
to be conservative if possible.  I am going to use 5ft of mast,
with about two feet above the tower. Are the Yaesu rotors reliable?

Will I see a significant difference going from 40 to 50 ft?

I have been a ham for 35 years and this is my first tower!
George  KN4AB/2