[TowerTalk] What to do???

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What to do???
From: (John Brosnahan)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 21:26:27 -0600 (MDT)
At 05:40 PM 4/12/98 -0700, Jim W7RY wrote:
>The TH6 s were all set up the same.......same baluns (BN-86) and exact
>lenghs of RG-213. I dont see how the feed could be out of phase???  Please
>Thanks Steve....
>Jim W7RY

Jim, swapping wires from one side to the other can change the
phase by 180 degrees.  I had heard (unsubstantiated) stories
that HyGain baluns were not always faithful in their phase markings
in the old days.  The five recent baluns I checked were all phased
properly, but possibly you were inconsistent with which
terminal connected to which side of the driven elements and
failed to get them all phased the same way.  If so, you weren't
the first!

73  John  W0UN