[TowerTalk] Without Benefit of Concrete

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Without Benefit of Concrete
From: (Bob Duckworth)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:33:54 +0100
All ya'll-

I have 2 cents :-)

If the engineering and cost analysis says, "CONCRETE" then concrete is
If it says, 'pier pin', that's  the way to go. If a spike base and two
house brackets meet the
engineering criteria, then why mess with concrete?
Visit your library and read introductory statics, structures, and soil
mechanics. You don't
have to have an engineering degree to understand what holds a tower up. As
far as I can tell from engineering drawings, the manufactures don't bother
with dynamic analysis so all
you need will be in these introductory books. If you would rather not  wade
in the math,
dig up  an engineering handbook. There will be table and chart solutions
for most common

I am not an engineer nor do I pretend to be one.