[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Towers and Airports.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Towers and Airports.
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:19:12 EDT
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:37:19 -0700 (PDT) Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@cv.tmx.com>
writes:
>  There are
>commercial control/monitoring systems which automatically monitor and
>notify of fault conditions of the light system, but my bet is that
>such monitoring gear would substantially increase the cost of a tower
>system.

K1VR:  I don't have the brochures in front of me, but I recall it as
$200-300 in equipment (sensor, autodialer, modem) and $1.10-1.25/day is
the added cost of automatic monitoring by a company in that business. All
this assumes that you've already got the lights and the power circuit in
place.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]