[TowerTalk] Re: Long mast, intermediate bearing

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Long mast, intermediate bearing
From: (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 08:43:04 -0400
The pointy top does not come with a rotator shelf, but the flat top needs
TWO of them.  One to mount the rotator on and the other one to provide a
support point to keep the mast vertical while the rotator is on the ground
being serviced.

Amen  brother, this is the only way to go - it is more money up front but
makes the
job of service the rotor a piece of cake, the potential horizontal forces
can be very great at the bottom end of a long mast....WAY more than you
wanna try and handle if things get off balance.  The second shelf with a
thrust bearing makes for a world class installation.

But then again this is olde news for this reflector! We been here and done
that, and now for something completely different, its:

One week til the Florida QSO Party on April 25 & 26!

Just Work It!

Phone on the hour - CW on the half hour....all 67 Florida Counties have
operator commitments!

73, see you in the FQP

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

What's an FQP? The Florida Contest Group is pleased to announce the
rebirth of the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP website@: