[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Oxidized R7-what to do?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Oxidized R7-what to do?
From: (K7LXC)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:22:42 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-19 11:57:48 EDT, you write:

> What's vaporwrap......okay maybe I need to get out of the office more
>  often!

Hi, Jim --

     You and me both! 

      Vapor wrap is a material (typcially butyl rubber) that keeps the
vapor/moisture out of a connector joint. CoaxSeal is a cheap imitation but can
perform the same function - it you don't apply directly to the connectors,
that is. Professional installers use vapor wrap products like db Products,
Andrew, etc. It even comes with some connectors. The real stuff is available
from TOWER TECH for three bucks a foot (it's 3 inches wide and will do 2-3

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>