[TowerTalk] Need Manual/Info on Tri-Ex THD Series Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Manual/Info on Tri-Ex THD Series Towers
From: frohro@wwc.edu (Rob Frohne)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 15:43:05 -0700 (PDT)
I think Steve is right.  I need to find the manufacturer's specs on the
Tri-Ex tower I just purchased.  The model number is THD-7122.  It is a
light duty crank-up tower of seven sections.  It nests down to about
25 feet.  It weighs 580 lbs according to Skip.  It has a dead load limit
of about 125 lbs I believe, and should handle 7 square feet of antenna
in a 70 mph wind.  I really need to know more about what to use as guys.
If I pick something too heavy and tighten it down too much I can see
it would be quite possible to overload the tower.  Tri-ex has not responded
to my queries.  The info I've been able to procure so far was thanks
to Skip and reading old QST advertisements.  Thanks!

73,

Rob, KL7NA/W7