[TowerTalk] Current summary on Real Estate Taxes on Towers

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Current summary on Real Estate Taxes on Towers
From: (Leikhim, Joe)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 19:57:22 -0400
Perhaps the appraiser is mixed up between residential and commercial
properties. A tower located on commercial property, used for commercial
uses may hve a value beyond it's construction cost. Of course I could be
wrong, if so are these "improvements" deductible from your IRS taxable
gain when selling the property?

Ed Gray W0SD wrote:
> I have had some very, very helpful replies!  Thank you so much; especially
> to Dan Keefe and Jim Heath!!!
> First I did not get one single reply from anybody that their tower or
> towers on residential property are taxed as real property.  I got numerous
> e-mails that they were considered personal property.

Joe Leikhim K4SAT (EX KE4TZH)

"tv dinner by the pool,
i'm so glad i finished school" -F.Zappa 1967