[TowerTalk] Penetrox vs WD40/graphite - TNX for all the responses!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Penetrox vs WD40/graphite - TNX for all the responses!
From: dessel.rick@Orbital.COM (dessel.rick@Orbital.COM)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 98 09:47:15 -0500
     Thank you everybody for all the responses to my inquiry.

     All the responses I have received were very informative, and the
     general consensus seems to be that there is absolutlely NOTHING wrong
     with using Penetrox (or NoAlOx or Ox-gard), in fact everyone highly
     recommended using one of these three antioxidants.

     Someone wondered whether it was a sales person at Tennedyne that I
     talked to that recommended that I do not use Penetrox - no, I spoke
     with Chuck Brainard KA1PM (the owner of Tennadyne). When Chuck told me
     not to use Penetrox, he related an incident in which a Tennadyne
     antenna was not working properly, and when the Penetrox was removed,
     it then performed fine. So now, from what I have learned about
     Penetrox (thanks to TowerTalk), I can only conclude that either there
     was something else (unrelated to the Penetrox) wrong with that
     particular antenna, or maybe the guy had gooped some Penetrox around
     an insulator causing partial conduction. Don't forget that Tennedyne
     still recommends using SOMETHING (i.e. a mixture of WD40 and
     graphite), but it seems to me that a Penetrox-like product is going to
     be far superior.

     Thanks again for everyone's inputs,
     73
     Rick WN3T