[TowerTalk] 6 Meter Antenna

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 6 Meter Antenna
From: (W5ASP)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 00:45:37 EDT
I have been asked by a good friend who lives on the island of Grand
Cayman, B.W.I. what make/model of 6 Meter yagi he should put up at
his station. As I don't operate 6 Meters and know nothing about the
current 6 Meter antenna world, I would appreciate any suggestions
from those with savy and experience on this subject.

Aside from performance, the antenna should be well engineered to stand
up in high winds, and endure a salt air environment. Perhaps
something like 6 elements on a 30' boom, give or take. It would
probably be side mounted at the 70-80' level.

Obviously, I'm taking the easy out by asking for advice rather than
doing some serious homework first. But then I'm sure there is far more
information available through this Reflector than I could ever dig up.

Please send your comments direct to:

Joe, W5ASP