[TowerTalk] Stacking vert & horiz 2 meter beams

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking vert & horiz 2 meter beams
From: (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:02:34 -0400
Hi Scott:

Might I suggest swapping positions of the top 2 antennas?  Simply
put, the vertically polarized 2 meter beam with a (metal) mast
going through the middle of it will be much more adversely affected
than the horizontal one.  If you care less about FM, why not try
end mounting one of the 4 element crashcraft jobs at 10' above
the tower and leave the horizontal one where you originally

The side question is a trick!!  It depends on what type of
coax your using for a jumper around the rotortator :-)
For typical RG-8 foam type stuff, 2 feet should be plenty.  For
less flexible cable, your mileage may vary.

73, J.P.
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."