[TowerTalk] Best Antenna Wire ?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best Antenna Wire ?
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:39:07 +0000
Based on my experience, I would keep away from stranded, bare
copper-clad wires. I used  stranded copper clad wire (believe it was 13
strands, for equiv of 14 ga) for a 160 inv vee, and several 80m
slopers.  Within 1-3 years, the stuff rusted and broke.

I believe what happens is the wire sways in the wind and the strands
abrade each other. The copper coating gets rubbed off, exposing
the steel core. This rusts, and bye bye wire.
73 Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet:
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club