[TowerTalk] Best Antenna Wire ?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best Antenna Wire ?
From: (Gareth Crispell)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:06:11 -0400
Of course I cannot comment on others experience, each QTH has its
own subtle characteristics.
 I can say what my experience has been. I have used #14 Flex-Weave
in an intensive salt water environment where it is very frequently
subjected to high winds. Some has been up for about 3 years now and
some a bit less. It has stood up to tropical storm winds and winter
ocean gales. So far so good at Radio N1MSV :>

73   ... Gary

Jim Pratt wrote:
> Not to get into a huge debate here, but to offer some empirical data instead:
> Some years ago, we erected an 80 meter loop antenna system at W6GO.
> Originally, the antenna was made of FlexWeave, and it did not survive
> very long.  It was later retrofitted to CCS wire and has remained up in
> the air for several years, through very high winds and "El Nino".
> Given the applause for FlexWeave from many quarters, it MUST have been an
> installation error on our part...  ;=>
> Take this info in the spirit in which it was given.  73!
> Jim  N6IG
> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> Submissions: