[TowerTalk] Beverage doubts (summary and thank-you)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage doubts (summary and thank-you)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:32:04 -0400
Thanks all for your comments.  As I understand it, the consensus is:

Even for 80 meters - my main band of interest right now - a 280-foot
beverage is too short to show much advantage relative to my directional
array.  One contester suggested that it might prove useful on higher bands
under adverse noise conditions, though.

Unless/until I'm successful in buying the property right behind mine, I
won't be able to go much over this length in a north-northeasterly
direction, so I guess I need to explore other options for lower noise
receiving on 80.

Thanks again!

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia