[TowerTalk] to lube or not to lube??---that is the question...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] to lube or not to lube??---that is the question...
From: litwins@badsector.com (Litwins)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:09:17 GMT
Hey guys...
Been following all the postings on lubricating antenna joints, and I am
getting confused.  I am getting ready to re-activate my TH5DX (HG) which
has been sitting in storage in my garage (disassembled) for abt 10 yrs
since I took it down in WV. (now in NW FL)  I would have cleaned the
joints with a very fine emory cloth, put 'em together and that would
have been it!  I did not put anything on the joints in WV and after 10
yrs of operating es wx there, the antenna came apart just fine when I
was ready to move it.  Now...reading the postings on towertalk, I'm
getting confused as to the best way to go with my project.  Hy-Gain does
not have a recommendation as I recall in the manual...I will re-check
this am.  This is not a very corrosive atmosphere and neither was my WV
qth.  I am abt 35 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and rust is not a
problem in this area as it is on the east coast of FL.  So I'm assuming
(there's that word agn) that there will be no additive corrosion.  I
will be just dealing with what has accumulated on the joints over the
past 20 yrs or so.
So...Sages of antennadom; what should I do?  Speak to me please...
73, steve k8wk (wk =  wimpy kilowatt) tnx in advance for ur response