[TowerTalk] My 140 foot Rohn 25G Tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] My 140 foot Rohn 25G Tower
From: (K7LXC)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 11:05:32 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-25 10:15:27 EDT, writes:

> I have a Rohn 25G 140 foot Tower almost ready to put up.
>  The only thing that I need is the cement for the base and the guy anchor
>  posts.
>  and turnbuckles
>  I am going to use 3 or 4 inch OD  heavy pipe  for the southeast and
>  southwest guy anchors tall enough to pass over the drive way .

    Unless these are VERY strong carbon steel tubes, I would strongly
recommend using I-beam (eye-beam) as it is much stronger than a round pipe
(tube). Are you going to get them engineered? Are you getting a permit (with
PE drawings)?
>  Here is what I have for my 140 foot tower
>  2000 ft guy cable 1/4 inch

      Is the cable EHS? Rohn specs for 25G DO NOT call for 1/4 inch EHS guys
but do spec 3/16 inch EHS. Since the leg strength is the limiting factor on
25G loading, I would suggest not using the 1/4 inch cable.

>  64 cable clamps
>  3 GA25GD Guy bracket
>  1 TA25 Torque arm.
     Your message stopped here for some reason.

Cheers, Steve  K7LXC