[TowerTalk] Rohn Blue Brochure Base Issues

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Blue Brochure Base Issues
From: rudder1@ibm.net (Malcolm Clark)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:39:21 +0000
K7LXC wrote:

> > The guy driving the ready mix truck couldn't believe the size of the
> >  hole for the size of the tower.  He said he'd never seen that much
> >  concrete poured for "such a skinny tower."
> >
>         You used the base drawing B870725 which is what the catalog says. The
> blue brochure for "Bracketed or Self Supporting Towers" refers to a drawing
> A871298 which I couldn't find anywhere. Did you notice this conflict?
>
> 73,  Steve  K7LXC

Whoa, no wonder so many people think a self-supporting tower only
requires a 2 x 2 x 4 base.  A871298 is the drawing for a BRACKETED tower
base, and is in my catalog as A871298R1 (rev. #1).  It is printed on the
back of drawing A871302R1.  This is  serious enough that I am posting
this to the reflector too.  Glad I didn't pay much attention to the
brochure.

73
Malcolm KR4HP