[TowerTalk] Pier Pin Installation

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pier Pin Installation
From: (John)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 19:58:12 +0000
I'm putting up 48' of Rohn 25G with a pier-pin base.  (I know, some will
argue against pier-pin as overkill, but that's how I'm doing it.)

My question is this:  Using the pier pin sold by Texas Towers for this
base, how deep should the pier-pin be sunk in the concrete?  Texas
Towers couldn't answer the question and their salesperson looked through
the Rohn catalog and couldn't find the information.  A call to Rohn
Friday yielded no help, as both their salespeople were either out of the
office or terminally on the phone.

I'd like to know how much pin to expose above the concrete to work