[TowerTalk] more questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] more questions
From: k1my@nlis.net (Bruce Makas)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 11:29:39 -0400
I'm thinking of:

90 foot Rohn 45 tower
40 meter beam
KT34XA
wire on 80 & 160

1. For the 40 meters, I have a choice. Would you go with 3 element KLM or
Cushcraft 2 element 402CD? If the 3 element KLM, some (KJ6Y & W7ZRC)are
saying that the KT34XA tribander likes to be on top with parallel booms;
that would be ~ 90+ feet with the 40 meters about 10 feet below it at about
80 feet. I don't know. Is the extra db worth it?  Do you have any comment
on what should go on top?

2. Or should I just stick with the beefed up Cushcraft? If 402CD & KT34XA,
who is on top? KLM says spacing is OK at 8 feet or more.
The one on top will be on a mast rotated with a T2X. The lower one will be
on a ring rotor. 402CD on top?

3. I also want to get on WARC and was thinking of a ring rotated HiGain DB
1217 beam. Is the best place for this below everything at about 60-70 feet?

Any help would be appreciated. I can model the antennas but I am more
concerned with interaction at this point.

Any practical experiance? Thanks in advance.

73,  Bruce Makas, K1MY
     Cape Elizabeth, Maine
     207/767-8150
     k1my@nlis.net