[TowerTalk] Better PC Timekeeper

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Better PC Timekeeper
From: (bob puharic)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:51:30 +0000

Jim Reid wrote:

> At 04:27 PM 4/26/98 +0100, Jan & Del Seay wrote:
> >Those of you who have played with the various shareware programs
> >for setting your PC clocks, how about dialing up wwv and watching
> >the accuracy, then give us a report.
> Aloha,
> This comparison is very easy to do;  just go to:
> And the display,  after a moment or so,  will compare your computer
> clock to the NIST Java web  clock

yeah i KNOW this ain't world shaking...but since we are discussing time, i
thought i'd play around..

i went to this page (thanks for pointing it out; USNO apparently doesnt allow
the public to do this anymore) but noticed the NIST clock was anywhere from
2-10 secs off! the obvious question is answered by the fact my radio is tuned
to WWV and both it and my computer clock show the same time...