[TowerTalk] Rohn SSV and Trylon questions

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn SSV and Trylon questions
From: ginsburg@BayNetworks.COM (Scott Ginsburg)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:17:05 -0400 (EDT)
I'm gathering some facts to help with a comparison between the Rohn
SSV and Trylon Titan free-standing series towers.

Has anyone successfully installed a Rohn SSV tower without using a
crane? I'm looking at the 60' version, where the bottom 20' section
(5N) is 580 lbs. How does one go about mounting this section on the
short base? Does Rohn have a special gin-pole assembly to hoist the
remaining sections?

Also, are there any conditions (soil, etc.) under which the 8'9" x
8'9" x 4' deep Mat foundation would have to be replaced by something
larger such as a Pier and Pin type foundation?

Can someone share with me the material cost and time required to
fabricate a gin-pole for use in erecting a Trylon Titan tower?

Scott Ginsburg                    email:
Bay Networks                      voice: 978-738-6246
Broadband Tech. Div. (LANcity)    fax:   978-682-3200
200 Bulfinch Drive
Andover, MA 01810                 Amateur Radio: K1OA (ex-WA2CJT)