[TowerTalk] 40-2CD Problems ?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD Problems ?
From: (VE3KKM)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:51:12 -0700
Hello to all,
I have installed my 40-2cd at a new height of 56`from 48`. I do not hear
stations quite as well as before.I have used beads on the feed line,the
swr is 1.5-1 thats as low as it will go.The one thing I have noticed
today is my coax my be shagged,it appears that at one time,water has
entered the coax.This my sound like a dumb question but,,
Could this be causing my receiving problem ?
Is this why the swr is 1.5 and not lower ?
I will replace the coax anyway,but curouis to find out what has
happened. Thanks,  Kevin