[TowerTalk] Re: Time/Date Of Postings (Mac Utility Found!)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Time/Date Of Postings (Mac Utility Found!)
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:07:19 -0700
At 4:35 PM -0700 4/26/98, Don Agro wrote:

>At 04:50 PM 4/25/98 +0000, Malcolm Clark wrote:
>>>Aloha,  But there is an even better and more accurate one,  which
>>>is also FREE!  It "pings" the connection between you and NIST or
>>>the Naval Observatory,  adjusts the incoming signal depending
>>>upon the measured path delay,  and can set your computer
>>>clock to within a few msec.
>On 4/25/98 8:18 PM,  Dick Flanagan of wrote:
>>I sure would like to find something like this that would run on a Mac!  :(
>There is "Vremya", I use it to adjust my Mac clock for satellite tracking
>and if my keplerian elements are fresh, my antennas are pointing right at
>the visual sighting of Mir, so I guess Vremya works pretty well.
>You can obtain the latest fat binary version from:
>Other versions are in the directory:

I downloaded and installed Vremya and it works perfectly!  I have mine set
to automatically syny my Mac's clock with the nearest NTP server ever six

Thanks, Don, very much for bringing this utility to our attention.  It is
exactly what I have been looking for.

73, Dick

Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)