[TowerTalk] 402-CD vs. EF-240X

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 402-CD vs. EF-240X
From: (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:22:24 EDT
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:37:30 +0200 "Ragnar Otterstad"
<> writes:
>The coil- to- element attatchment tends to become very intermittent
>and you never know when you have a beam for a totally different

K1VR:  They now use a stainless steel screw and that problem is not the
problem it once was.  They changed that screw in 1997, I believe.

>If they would clean up their act and use more durable parts it was an
>antenna I would recommend.

K1VR:  I suffered a broken boom last winter, and ordered the ruggedizing
kit from W9RE.  Worth the effort and cost.

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]