[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motors
From: (Rick Mainhart)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:23:56 -0400
Check with your local motor rebuilding shop and have them cut the brushes
for you. Our local "Fleet Hardware" can handle this task on a walk-in
basis. It DOES help if you have the old brush and an approximate length

Hmmm ... sideline business pushing prop pitch brushes?

Rick, WB3EXR

To: <>
>> Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 10:57 AM
>> Does any one know what the casing metal is on a prop pitch motor,
>> also i need a set of brushes any help appreciated. Clive GM3POI
>I've been rebuilding these things for fifteen years. I always treat
>the cases with Alodine before painting. The way the case material
>reacts with the Alodine leads me to believe they are cast aluminum. It
>possible that they could be magnesium but I doubt
>it, because the material acts more like aluminum when drilled..
>Brushes are as rare as rocking horse droppings. There is an early
>Ford brush that can be adapted, using the prop pitch
>spring and washer that solders to the copper lead. Try the auto
>parts store.
>73, Kurt
>FAQ on WWW:
>Administrative requests:

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]