[TowerTalk] Re: Dipole Secrets Part II

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Dipole Secrets Part II
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:32:13 +0000
>From 1970 until the late 1980s I used only dipoles (and random
wires at times). With that I worked 300+ countries, 5BDXCC and 5BWAS.

At one location on Long Island (abt 10 miles from the water), the
dipoles worked so well, , especially on the low bands, several people
came by to look as they didn't believe how well they played.  This
dipole was a simple fan dipole with wires for 80, 40, 20, and 10 on one
feedline. It was 5 ft above the roof of an old 3 story apartment

I think today's packet pileups and increased prevalence of low band
Yagis and 4 squares make dipoles less effective than in the good ol'
days, but they do work, and are simple to erect.
73 Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet:
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club