[TowerTalk] C-3 & TH7 comparison - a revision

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C-3 & TH7 comparison - a revision
From: (Gus VO1MP)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 22:14:36 -0230

> TOMK5RC wrote:
> > << Actually, what it really demonstrates is how important a dB or 2 >can
> > be,and that the
cheapest, quickest way to a better signal is to go >QRO (no flames please!)
> The only problem with that is you are not gonna get a 2 db increase in
> receive strength with an amplifier.  You get 2 db on transmit and 2 db
> on receive.
> Tom W7WHY  replied
> >   >>
Actually one of  the best investments I have ever made in receive enhancement
 is going from 100 watts out  to  1500 out .   Keeps the frequency clear of
adjacent qrm hi!
qrn and real receive capabilities are another matter however hi!