[TowerTalk] wire-plow for 160 mtr radials?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] wire-plow for 160 mtr radials?
From: (Meesha)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:30:00 -0500

>The problem with this great labor saving method is that someday you

>wish to aerate or thatch your lawn and then the problems begin

>your radials... visible or not.

Oh, I hate to say this: Been there, done that,..or rather my wife did
while thatching one time: "Hey, where is this wire coming from that's in
my rake."

When I put in 1500 feet of wire for an invisible dog fence and a 1200
foot lawn sprinkler system. I rented from Prime Rentals in Houston, a 3
wheeled trencher where the wheel that did the trenching is mounted under
the machine between these 3 wheels. You set the depth to whatever you
wanted from scratching the dirt to maybe 6 inches. The trench is 2 inches

For the 'dog fence', it took <bold>30 minutes to cut about a 1-2 inch
come along later and tuck in the wire and then 'hoe in' some dirt.

As I recall the trencher rents for 'about' $65.00 for 3 hours.

73  de Mike  K5UO