[TowerTalk] Re: Broadband dipoles

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Broadband dipoles
From: (TOMK5RC)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:50:28 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/98 7:39:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

<< >80-meter dipole.  Sez he feeds it with 50-ohm line, cut by formula for
 >3650, and inserts a quarter-wave of 75-ohm coax a quarter wave down from
 >the feedpoint.  He says it produces a double-humped SWR curve that never
 >approaches 1:1 but stays between 2:2 from 3500-3800.

I have done the same thing and have had the exact same experience using a
quarter wave of RG6. I also wind it into a coax choke and ty-wrap it to the
center insulator.

Tom, K5RC
aka K7GJ