[TowerTalk] Beam Baluns

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam Baluns
From: (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:25:11 -0400 (EDT)
The Aztec (spelling???) and the HyGain BN-4000 are the best baluns I have
seen made commercially and for reasonable cost.
However, my experience has shown that changes in the length of the coax
feedline, even by a few feet, changes the swr and loading settings on the
rigs.  I don't know nor care why.  I just have seen this happen so many
times as to have lost count.  With baluns, without, on beams, quads, open
feeders, dipoles fed with coax, etc.  de K4VUD