[TowerTalk] Wind Indicator brings trouble to River City?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind Indicator brings trouble to River City?
From: w3svj@juno.com (N. S. FIRESTONE)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 07:38:30 -0400
Hey Michael;
Noted your follow up to Steve's product review. As you know (or may not
know) I have a Wilson 4 setion 77 foot tubular tower with a homemade
winch system on. The winch apparatus works fine and I indeed experimented
with an automatic lowering device, unfortunatly not very reliable. I
guess I was trying to do it on the cheap, too cheap, in the prototype . I
think I could have ironed the bugs out of it though and made it work OK.
I suppose I just tired of fooling with it and moved on to something else.
It's just too easy for  me to trot out to the carport and run the thing
all the way up when its needed, I usually leave it parked at about the 45
foot level or so. I'm working on some horizontal wire antennas and a 50
foot vertical with a remote tuner at the base. The mechanical are mostly
in place now come the tuning part. I hope I have enough patience to stay
with it HI. I burned a few more bridges behind me, customers that is,
that "should" allow time for antenna work. But between the gardening
start up and a  lot of attention to my neglected house, who knows?? The
whitey do. Anyway, nice seeing your posting.

73 de W3SVJ hisself, somewhere in Pittsburgh

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]