[TowerTalk] Plumbing a tapered pole?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Plumbing a tapered pole?
From: (Mark A. Mowery)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:42 -0400

Attach a line to the top of the pole long enough to touch the ground a fair
distance away from the pole. Move around the pole and measure the distance
between the base of the pole and where the line touches the ground in 3 or 4
spots. When the distances are equal, the pole is plumb. The longer the line,
the more accurate the job.

That's basically how we sailors plumb our masts.

Mark AA8TC