[TowerTalk] TH6 add on

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6 add on
From: w3svj@juno.com (N. S. FIRESTONE)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:02:01 -0400
N6CW's questions and N4KG's elegant utilization of the TH6 boom lead me
to an additional possibility. My TH6 is in need of maintenance and a coax
change out. While it is down I would like to incorporate the N4KG
boom/dipole set up but I would also like to install a 10 meter 1/4 or
even 5/8 vertical above the TH6. No big deal mechanically but is this
going to kill the performance of the beam? Will the beam boom/elements
work OK as a ground plane for the vertical? A dB or so of loss might
almost be acceptable to be able to park the vertical at 70 feet. Am I
asking too much of this old TH6. (It has been one reliable piece of
aluminum!). It would be very nice to get all of these extra features on
the Wilson tower without adding much wind load. Any pro or con thoughts
or experience with this would be greatly appreciated before I do
something dumb.

73 de Nate
W3SVJ hisself somewhere in Pittsburgh

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]