[TowerTalk] Major changes at Hy-Gain

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Major changes at Hy-Gain
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:09:47 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-20 16:41:56 EDT, Fatchett.Mike@tci.com writes:

<< So much for running to your local dealer to pick up a rotor or antenna on
 the spur of the moment.

 Unfortunately,  I think this will be a continuing trend. >>

      Probably true to both statements. Apparently there were few actual
stocking dealers (the aforemetioned AES was one of them) with many dealer
orders being drop-shipped. If the dealer doesn't stock the stuff, is there a
need for a dealer (or dealers)?

     OTOH, Mosley has been direct for years and so is Force 12 for all intents
and purposes. Some Force 12 dealers were having products drop-shipped as well.
It looks like Bencher/Butternut and Cushcraft (and M2 and KLM?) will be the
only HF antennas actually in-stock at the radio stores.

     A plus is that Hy-Gain may make more money from the products than they
did before. This is a good deal for everyone because we all know what happens
to unprofitable, orphan product lines.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC