[TowerTalk] Method of burying radials-Thanks!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Method of burying radials-Thanks!
From: w0hh@ix.netcom.com (Tom Champlin)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 22:22:22 -0500
My sincere thanks to the many hams who sent me suggestions on burying my
radials. I considered them all, and finally went with mowing 4 low
strips and pinning the copper to the ground. I'm watering it heavily and
the grass is already beginning to hide them. The mower cuts over the
nicely, and soon they wont even be visible. The radials are under a U.S.
Tower 55' crankup with heavy 15' mast.
I use the new X9 Beam and I love it! I use it on 5 bands. I use a
Half-sloper on 80m, and I have a 40-2cd in the basement I never
finished, because, frankly the thing needs to be up at about 140' to
have any real gain.

                                                        Thanks again,
Tom W0HH

BY the way, I always thought that the Earth was flat!