[TowerTalk] Managing information

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Managing information
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 18:12:51 -0700
At 4:35 AM -0700 6/30/98, Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Hubert Gabler wrote:
>> As a newcomer to the towertalk reflector I have a question to the elmers:
>> How do you cope with this giant flood of (often) valuable information? I
>You dont.  We do.
>All of the messages ever posted here.
>Search engine to search through these archives.

Unfortunately, there is a major limitation in the archive search engine.
It can only search on message Subject, not message text.

It is common for a thread to drift onto other topics, yet retain the
original Subject.  Unfortunately, the new topic cannot be located by the
search engine because the Subject no longer reflects it.

If I am wrong, I would love to find out about it!

73, Dick

Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)