[TowerTalk] Mast-mounted rotors and assy

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast-mounted rotors and assy
From: (Paul Booth)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 08:53:36 -0700
I currently have a quad-pod (not a mini-tower but a 2" mast supported by
4 legs at the peak of my roof) with a mast-mounted rotor supporting a
TA-33jr and a 40m dipole (2' from beam and in parallel with boom).  The
beam is on top about 2.5ft. from the rotor.  I would like to upgrade to
a TA-53 with the 30m add-on element and still keep the 40m. mounted
below as is currently.  However, this increases my total overall wind
surface area from 5.6ft-sq. to 9.5ft-sq.  Is this going to be too much
for a mast-mounted rotor assembly?  The rotor is a Ham-M and the manual
provides no specs. for this kind of arrangement.  Guess I should call
Hy-Gain too.  Maybe I'm trying to do too much here.  Thanks for any

73s de WA6IBU, Paul