[TowerTalk] More comments on lightning

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More comments on lightning
From: (Gerald Caouette)
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 13:06:37 -0700

If you can get a quantity of heavy bare ground wire  you have
another option  ..  install  a couple of ground rods for the tower
placing them in a direction away from your house . Directly bury the
connecting cable ( # 2 bare conductor or heavier ) from these back
to the tower, Addtionaly bury a second conductor around your house
back to your service entrance point , Try to stay about a yard away
from the house and about 6 inches to a foot deep.. plant another
ground rod attached to this cable before you bring it over to your
service entrance ground.

Personaly I belive that the more metal we bury the better our station
is protected and the better our signal transmition and reception will be.