[TowerTalk] Crank-up Horror Stories...

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-up Horror Stories...
From: (Mike Meehan)
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 17:34:15 -0700
Hi Tower Talkers,

*** Please help if you can, this could make a difference at my antenna
hearing ***

I am going before the full planning commission in my town at the end of
July and would like to get stories about misfortunes and failures of
telescopic crank-up towers.

My little town let me submit plans and computations for two guyed rohn
towers. On the day of the first administrative hearing, they imposed a
condition on my permit where only crank-up towers could be used.

So I next applied for a minor modification for the use of fixed
structures which was denied.

So now I am trying to build a stronger case for the use of fixed guyed
towers. They do not seem to understand the concept of leverage, so maybe
some horror stories could sway them.

As usual, I will summarize the responses.

Kindest Regards,

-Mike Meehan, W6MM <>