[TowerTalk] TH6DXX - TH7DX Custom 20-17-12 Conversion

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6DXX - TH7DX Custom 20-17-12 Conversion
From: (DavidC)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 20:38:34 -0400
> Why try to make a custom design, a rather complex one with the phasing
> tubes and all, do what it is not designed to do?  Like a challenge?

Well, there is nothing wrong with a good challenge, is there?  :-)

Actually, I got the TH6DXX for a good price and I figured that a 20-17-12
ersatz TH7DX conversion stacked above or below an original TH7DX would net
me all that I need -- gain antennas for 17, 15, 12, 10, and extra gain on
20m where I most need it ... so, why not?

I do really need some help with calculating the lengths I will need to
extend elements, and any other adjustments I may need to make.  I have a
MFJ-259 and a Autek RF-1 to assist me in measuring results when the time
comes to make final adjustments.

OK, who will be first to make a specific recommendation?  (I don't even
have a manual yet, am awaiting one, so I am flying bling at the moment!)

Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA