[TowerTalk] Crank-up Horror Stories...

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-up Horror Stories...
From: (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:13:26 -0700 wrote:

>        Two grizzly stories appeared in my CQ Contest column, Up The >Tower.
> Pretty sobering stuff. Anyway, a reprint of the column (included >in a 6-part
> series on towers) is two bucks to Tower Tech, Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072.
> Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Hi Steve.  I don't know which stories you had, but a few years back
there was a blurb in CQ about a guy on a 70 foot crankup who came down
with it when the cable snapped.  I could imagine what happened to his
toes and fingers.  OUCH!!  I have a 30 foot crankup here and never climb
it unless it's down.  73