In response to many inquiries since the C-31 XR was displayed at Visalia and
subsequently presented at Dayton and Dallas AND, with the permission of Steve,
K7LXC, the following is a short overview of the new 31' boom tribander from
Force 12. Full details are forthcoming on the web site, which will include all
of the 1998 brochure.
The C-31XR is in production and has already been shipped to customers.
The C-31XR has been designed as a significant step up from our tremendous C-3,
making the C-31XR the ultimate tribander.
It is designed for only 20-15-10. Some of the features are:
* 31' boom, 14 elements, all full size (no traps, no log periodic drive cells).
* The C-31XR is 3 monobanders overlaid on a common boom, with each one
between 25-26' of the boom:
a wide spaced 3el 20,
a wide spaced 4el 15 and
7 elements on 10 mtrs.
* Single OR individual feedlines at your choice: anytime. (Uses a combination
our open sleeve C-3 feed and the "closed sleeve" from the WARC-7 and C-3SS).
* Mounting is almost exactly in the center, making it easy to turn and has a
gap between elements at the mounting location.
* The forward gain is stepped to assist in stacking effectiveness.
* 10.5 sqft windload, about 80 pounds.
* Standard 100 mph rating (boom is computed at 170 mph)
* The suffix "XR" is for Natan, W6XR/2, who gently prodded me for the last two
years to finish it!
The list price on the C-31XR is $1,175 and the convention price is $998.
Shipping is via UPS; 2 boxes (7' x 8" x 10").
Appreciate your time to read this.
Have a great day & 73,
Tom Schiller, N6BT
President, Force 12, Inc.
Amateur Antennas, Commercial Towers & Antennas
P.O. Box 1349 Paso Robles, CA 93447
Phone: 805.227.1680 FAX 805.227.1684
Web Site: http://www.QTH.com/force12
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com