[TowerTalk] Vertical? - Butternut

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical? - Butternut
From: FSWF37A@prodigy.com ( JAMES T BRANNIGAN)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 21:36:40, -0500
No guying on my 40-80 meter Butternut.....it really swings around in
the wind...only problem is a slight list from an ice storm two years
ago...
I went out in the morning the antenna was covered with ice and the
top of the 40 foot mast was touching the ground. When I got got home
in the evening, the sun had melted the ice and the antenna was
verticle (almost)
BTW The top loading wires broke and the antenna worked better than
before. Guess there was too much horizontal component with the top

Jim WB2TPS