[TowerTalk] Stacking & Phasing KT34XA's

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking & Phasing KT34XA's
From: (DavidC)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:42:44 -0400
> > Can two KT34XA's be combined if on different towers at different
> > The towers will be about 50 feet apart I believe.
> Yes, and they will work fine if pointed in two different directions,
> like one to JA and the other to EU.   The feedlines may be of random
> length.  However, if you expect to get stacking gain with them pointed
> in the same direction, you are (usually) out of luck.  That's when you
> need them on the same tower and with matched feedlines.
> Be sure to change out all the plastic caps and update the antennas to
> the latest 'vent hole in the small tubing' configuration.  You will be
> happy with the antennas.  Good luck!
> 73, Jay

  Thanks for the info!

   Could you please be a little more specific about "the latest 'vent hole
in the small tubing' configuration"?  Where exactly is what size hole

   OK on using them separately.  If they happen to be pointed in similar
directions, how much separation is required between the reflector of the
frontmost one and the director of the reamost to avoid negative

   I gather that the 35+ foot separation for single tower stacking and
phasing was not a typo on their web site?  :-(

Thanks again & 73, DavidC  AA1FA